Many are the different types of sandwiches available all over the globe. However, here we focus on pinwheel sandwiches specifically. This Indian type of food can provide a good breakfast option and can serve guests as a snack. Pinwheel sandwiches can make a good meal for everyone in the society regardless of the age. Pinwheel sandwiches can be either from vegetables or from meat so the ingredients you choose will depend on your general preference. Here, we provide you with a recipe for both vegetable and meat pinwheel sandwiches.
What are the steps of making a vegetable pinwheel sandwich?
For this type of pinwheel sandwich, you will require at least ten minutes of preparation. This is generally a snack and falls in the world cuisine category serving between two to three people.
What ingredients do you need?
For a quality pinwheel sandwich, you will require the following ingredients:
- 6 slices of bread
- 2 teaspoons of green chutney
- A grated carrot
- Salt to taste
- Pepper powder depending on your personal preference
- Cumin powder
- Few slices of carrot and capsicum
After you have gathered the above cooking ingredients, it is time to prepare your pinwheel sandwich. Consider the steps below:
- First, take your slices of bread and trim their edges so that you remain with the softer part. Using a rolling pin, roll the trimmed bread slices until you acquire the thinnest size possible.
- To the rolled slices, apply some water on their edges then apply butter to three of them then spread the grated carrots on top.
- Take one the remaining slices and place them on each of the other slice that has butter and grated carrots on it. From here, spread the green chutney on top of it too.
- Take another thin slice of bread and place it on the above slices. Carefully place the sliced cheese and press gently for them to stick together. You should then add the thin slices of carrots and the capsicum on top of it. Add salt. Sprinkle pepper powder and hold the three slices together by rolling them into place.
- Cover the rolled bread with a cling wrap and put it in a freezer for 20 minutes then cut it into slices. You can serve your sandwich with tomato ketchup.
How to make meat pinwheel sandwich
On the other hand, if you choose to involve various types of meat in your pinwheel sandwich, here are the steps to take:
- Tortillas large in size
- Cream cheese or butter
- Thinly sliced meat (ham, roast beef, turkey etc)
- Vegetables sliced in thin sizes
- Blue cheese (optional)
- Take the cream cheese or butter and use it to cover the tortilla’s parts all the way to its edges. This is for the purposes of holding the pinwheel in place, as you will later see. Depending on your preference, you can up your game by adding blue cheese to the tortilla before adding any other ingredient.
- Over the cheese or butter spread to the tortilla, add 1 or 2 slices of your preferred source of meat (beef, turkey or ham). Be careful to leave a small room of margin around the edges to keep the thickness of the slice.
- Place your preferred type of vegetable along the tortilla in rows. These can be cucumber, roasted pepper or tomato slices amongst others.
- The final step involves rolling the tortilla into a tight tube while at the same time making sure that the edges stick down. Slice the tube into thin 2 inches rolls and serve in plates.
You can save any leftovers for your favorite deep.
Pinwheel sandwiches provide a perfect snack for you and your family members including the kids. Making a pinwheel sandwich is not hard. In fact, the whole process relies on the ingredients you choose to use. While we have provided two methods of preparing pinwheel sandwiches above, you can always customize it to suit your preference and choice. It also depends with whether you are a vegetarian or not. Either way, you can always make a pinwheel sandwich that works for you. We hope this was helpful to you and you will gladly share with your friends.